Tuesday 31 December 2013

Ruby Slippers Jan 3 7-8 pm



Hey everybody,

It's a new year and with it a challenge to think about what the soundtrack to your life will be.  I put the question out there on the site "Radioflag" and an amazing DJ from WXUT in Toledo Ohio, Kayla CP, host and producer of the show "Radio Alchemy", came forward with Cat Power's "You Are Free" and Radiohead's "In Rainbows".  (Thanks so much Kayla!!!)

In the past I also would have chosen albums that were near and dear to my heart, but because of the diversity of the show, have elected to put forward a mixtape instead.* Of course, these things evolve from time to time (often week to week), but for now this is mine.

What would yours be?

Recover ... CHVRCHES (new)
New World Sympathy ... Slyde 
Black Corvair (Color Me Psycho cover) ... Chris Page
Heaven Or Las Vegas (cover: Cocteau Twins) ...Suzy Blu
Rollover DJ ... Jet (their influences are blatant, but this album makes me smile)
Bearer of Bad Nudes .... Panic
Odessa ... Caribou  (Swim is one of my soundtrack albums, if I had to pick that way)
Forgive ... Tourist
All Of You ... Peter Thomas
Heart of Stone ... The Ravonettes (another album pick In and Out of Control)
Gagged and Bound ... Broken Halo
Killed By Love ...  The Pursuit of Happiness  ( Maybe I COULD just pick albums...)(Love Junk)
I Wasn't Made For Fighting ... Woodhands
Too Young To Love ... The Big Pink
Strange ... New Love Army
Love Song ... The Cure  (just wrap myself up in the Cure)

My, music does say a lot about you, doesn't it?

What would YOUR soundtrack be?

Hope 2014 is all you would want it to be.
And, as always, thanks for listening.

* included some new cuts, because they are made an impression right off the bat and will be played and played until they aren't anymore! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment